Making salmon in my air fryer is my favorite way of cooking salmon. The salmon is tender, juicy, and crispy on the edges.
This recipe is one of my go-to ways of making a quick dinner— it literally cooks in 8-10 minutes! The mayo marinade keeps the salmon super tender and juicy, with the perfect amount of flavor.
If you need to make dinner in a pinch, this recipe is for you!
Kewpie mayo vs regular mayo:
Regular mayo is made with whole eggs while Kewpie mayo is made with egg yolks, giving it a rich, custardy mouthfeel.
I prefer the taste of Kewpie mayo, it is much more flavorful in my opinion!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- 2 (5 oz) salmon fillets: You can use fresh or frozen salmon. If using frozen salmon, make sure to thaw it out.
- Kewpie mayo: I prefer Kewpie mayo, but any kind of mayo can work for this recipe.
- Fresh herbs: I used fresh parsley, mint, and basil but you can use any kind you’d like. This recipe would be good with chopped green onions, chives, or even just garlic. You really can’t go wrong!
- Lemon: you will need the juice from half a lemon and 2 lemon slices, optional of course!
- Salt + Pepper, for seasoning.
How to make 10-minute Air Fryer Salmon:
Let’s make the mayo marinade
First, finely chop all the herbs you’d like to use. For my recipe, I used some fresh mint, basil, and parsley. But feel free to use whatever herbs you have on hand 🙂
Transfer the finely chopped herbs to a small bowl. To the bowl, add the Kewpie mayo and the juice from half a lemon. Save the other half of the lemon to cut a few lemon slices to lay on top of the salmon as it bakes.
Stir the ingredients together to combine. Set it aside.
Now, for the salmon
Place your salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Divide the mayo-herb mixture in half and spread it evenly over the salmon fillets.
Bake in an air fryer at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or until done.
I like to serve this salmon over fresh, hot rice and it’s SO GOOD!
Other easy recipes you may like:
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2½ tablespoons Kewpie mayo (any mayo will work)
- 2 (5 oz) salmon fillets
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Finely mince the basil, mint, and parsley. Transfer to a small bowl and set it aside.
- To the small bowl, add the Kewpie mayo and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Place your salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
- Divide the herb-mayo mixture in half and spread it onto the salmon fillets. Bake the salmon in an air fryer at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or until done. (Cooking times may be slightly different depending on your air fryer, so keep a close watch on your salmon)
- Serve the salmon with rice and a squeeze of extra lemon if you'd like!
HANDS DOWN best salmon recipe ever. My husband loved it and he’s super picky btw. Adding the mint made it so good. Would have never thought to add it but it was delicious.
omg this makes my day! Thank you for your kind comment 🙂
Comments are closed.