These baked persimmons with oat crumble are the perfect cozy fall dessert. They’re easy to make, healthy, and come together in less than 20 minutes. This recipe is also gluten-free friendly.
What are persimmons?
There are two main types of Asian persimmons: Fuyu and Hachiya that can be found in North America.
Hachiya persimmons are oval-shaped and deep blood-orange in color. They taste the best when left to fully ripen until the interior is super soft, almost custard-like.
Fuyu persimmons are my favorite kind. They are rounder in shape and have flat bottoms. They don’t have to be left to fully ripen to enjoy and they have a slightly sweeter flavor than the Hachiya persimmons. The texture is similar to a firm mango but tastes more honey-like.
What you’ll need:
- Fuyu persimmons: these can be found at most Asian grocery stores generally between the months of Oct-Jan.
- Rolled oats/old-fashioned oats: this type of oats is best for this recipe for quicker cooking time.
- Brown sugar: light or dark brown sugar can be alternately used for this recipe.
- Butter: for that delicious buttery crumble.
How to make these Baked Persimmons with Oat Crumble:
These baked persimmons are so easy to make and are the perfect quick dessert or snack. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the oat crumble.
- Cut the tops off the persimmons and scoop out some of the flesh to hollow out the persimmon.
- Stuff the persimmons with the oat crumble topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Watch how to make this Baked Persimmon with Oat Crumble
More Dessert Recipes!
- Miso Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Mochi Brownies
- Pumpkin Black Sesame Mochi Bars
- Bourbon Peach Icebox Cake
- No Churn Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- Pineapple Bun Toast
I hope you enjoy this recipe for baked persimmon with oat crumble! Please leave me a star rating and comment to let me know your thoughts! Happy cooking, xoxo!!
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Optional: vanilla ice cream, miso caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- First, prepare the oat crumble topping. In a bowl, whisk together the oats, brown sugar, walnuts, and melted butter. Set aside.
- Next, prepare the persimmons. Cut ¼ inch off the top of 2 persimmons. Using a sharp paring knife, hollow out just a little bit of the flesh (leave about half of the interior flesh of the persimmon).
- Place the persimmons on the prepared baking sheet and stuff the persimmons with the oat crumble mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender and soft.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and miso caramel sauce, if desired. Serve immediately while warm!