This bulgogi sesame soba noodles is a perfect weeknight dinner and takes less than 20 minutes to whip up. Soba noodles are tossed in a savory, nutty sauce, with caramelized Korean bulgogi beef, topped with fresh green onions and crushed toasted sesame seeds. It’s so simple and delicious!
What you’ll need:
- Beef: I think thinly sliced sirloin or ribeye is the best cut for bulgogi! It’s tender and has the right amount of fat.
- Soba noodles: I buy my soba noodles from my local H Mart, but you can use rice noodles or even ramen noodles if you are in a pinch.
- Toasted sesame seeds: This is a pantry staple of mine! It always adds the perfect amount of nuttiness to all Asian-inspired dishes!
- Sesame oil: Another pantry staple and essential for this dish.
- Soy sauce: for marinating the beef and to make the savory sauce for the noodles.
- Green onions: fresh green onions to garnish the noodles.
- Roasted seaweed: add a savory crunchiness to the dish.
A simple Bulgogi marinade:
- Soy sauce
- Mirin: this is a seasoned cooking wine, but a dry white wine works just as well.
- Black pepper
- Sesame oil
How to make Bulgogi Sesame Soba Noodles:
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, mirin, black pepper, sesame oil, and honey. Add your beef to the bowl and mix to combine. Cover the bowl and allow the beef to marinate while you make the noodles.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your noodles according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and transfer them to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over the noodles.
- Cook your marinated bulgogi on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until done.
- Place the bulgogi on top of the noodles.
- Top the noodles with chopped green onions, a generous amount of crushed sesame seeds, and crumbled roasted seaweed. Toss everything together and enjoy!
Watch how to make Bulgogi Sesame Soba Noodles
More Favorite Recipes
- Chili Crisp Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Chili Oil-Fried Eggs with Creamy Ramen
- Kongguksu (Cold Soy Milk Noodle Soup)
- Chicken Katsu (Japanese Fried Chicken Cutlet)
- Furikake Rice Krispies
- Vegetable Yaki Udon (Stir-Fry Udon Noodles)
- Garlic Sesame Noodles
I hope you enjoy this recipe for bulgogi sesame soba noodles! Please leave me a star rating and comment to let me know your thoughts! Happy cooking, xoxo!!
For bulgogi marinade:
- ¼ pound beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon mirin, or cooking wine
- pinch of black pepper
For soba noodles:
- 2-3 ounces of dry soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, crushed
- ¼ cup roasted seaweed, crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, honey, cooking rice wine, and black pepper. With clean hands (or wearing a food prep glove), gently massage the meat to mix well. Allow the meat to marinate while you make the noodles.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to the package directions. Drain the noodles and transfer them to a serving bowl. Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the noodles.
- Transfer the marinated beef to a large pan. Cook the beef on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Place the cooked meat, chopped green onions, crushed sesame seeds, and crumbled roasted seaweed on top of the noodles.
- Toss everything together and enjoy!