This year’s Thanksgiving will be pretty intimate for us. We’re planning on getting together with a few family members, but definitely not like how we normally do Thanksgiving. I come from a big family, so our family gatherings are usually at least 20 people!
Although this year’s gatherings have been pretty intimate, I’m learning to really appreciate these small gatherings. Small dinners and get-togethers feel so cozy and intentional, you know? I never appreciated how personal small gatherings can be!
I’m not sure how intimate your holidays will be, but I’ve got the perfect cocktail recipe for you!
What ingredients you’ll need for this Cran-Cherry Vodka Spritzer
- Cherry juice
- Cream soda
- Candied cranberries (see below for recipe)
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
- Crushed ice
What tools you’ll need:
- A jigger (each jigger shot is 1 1/2 ounces)
- Rocks glass (or glass of similar size)
How to make a Cran-Cherry Vodka Spritzer:
- Fill 2/3 of a rocks glass with crushed ice.
- Add a jigger shot of cherry juice. Add a jigger shot of vodka. Add cream soda and fill to just the rim of the glass.
- Top with a sprig of rosemary and candied cranberries.
This cocktail is so simple and festive! You really don’t need much experience with cocktails to make this drink. I made this drink for my parents last weekend for dinner, it only took me about 1-2 minutes per drink!
The only thing I needed to make ahead of time was the candied cranberries.
What you’ll need to make candied cranberries:
- Fresh cranberries
- Sugar (for cooking and extra for coating)
How to make candied cranberries:
- Fill a small pot with water and add 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Add cranberries and simmer on low heat for 4-6 minutes. Once you see the skin on the cranberries “pop” or blister, take it off the heat. Use a slotted spoon to strain out the cranberries from the sugar syrup.
- Drop the cranberries in a bowl of extra sugar and toss them around to coat well.
- Remove the candied cranberries from the sugar onto a wire baking rack. Store in a dry place uncovered for up to 3-4 days.
Cran-Cherry Vodka Spritzer
Makes 1- 14 oz. cocktail
Cran-Cherry Vodka Spritzer
1 jigger shot (1 1/2 oz.) of vodka of choice, chilled
1 jigger shot (1 1/2 oz.) of cherry juice, chilled
3-4 oz. cream soda, chilled
1/3 cup ice, crushed
4-5 candied cranberries, for garnish
1 sprig of rosemary, for garnish
1. Fill about 2/3 of a rocks glass with crushed ice.
2. Add a jigger shot of chilled cherry juice to the glass. Add a jigger shot of vodka. Pour cream soda and fill up just to the rim of the glass.
3. Top the cocktail with a sprig of rosemary and a few candied cranberries.
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
extra sugar, for coating
1. Fill a small pot with water and add 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring the pot to a simmer on medium heat.
2. Add cranberries and simmer on low heat for 4-6 minutes. Once you see the skin on the cranberries “pop” or blister, take them off the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the cranberries from the sugar syrup.
3. Transfer the cranberries to a bowl of extra sugar. Toss them around to coat evenly.
4. Remove the candied cranberries from the sugar and place them on a wire baking rack. Store in a dry place uncovered for up to 3-4 days.