A classic nostalgic childhood treat got a fun makeover— these Dalgona Rice Krispie Treats are tantalizingly delicious with chunks of crunchy dalgona, gooey marshmallows, and crispy rice cereal. You better make a big batch because they’ll be gone before you even set them on the counter!
What is Dalgona?
Dalgona (달고나) is a Korean-style honeycomb toffee made with melted sugar and baking soda. It’s a popular childhood street snack in South Korea and you might’ve seen them on Netflix’s Squid Game. My mom used to tell me stories of how she would buy these after school with her friends when she was a kid living in Korea.
This recipe makes a lot (18 ounces to be exact), so I like to store them in an air-tight container to use for various sweet treats! Pro tip: to keep them fresh longer— I save those tiny silica packets that sometimes come with things you buy and put one in the container along with the dalgona. This is a hack I saw another creator share and thought it was genius!
How to make Dalgona:
- When adding the marshmallows, reserve about 1 cup of the marshmallows to add in later. This gives you those specks of gooey marshmallows in every rice krispie bar.
- Before you start making the dalgona, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. You’ll thank yourself later because dalgona tends to harden quicker than you think. It also helps to work fast.
Watch how to make Dalgona Rice Krispie Treats
More Dessert Recipes
- Candied Croissants
- Cookies and Cream Tiramisu
- Baked Persimmon with Oat Crumble
- Pumpkin Mochi Brownies
- Bourbon Peach Icebox Cake
- Mango Sticky Rice
- Bananas Brûlée with Affogato
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Dalgona Rice Krispie Treats! Please leave me a star rating and comment to let me know your thoughts! Happy cooking, xoxo!!
- 1½ cups dalgona chunks, or more
- ½ cup salted butter, or 1 stick of butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
- 6½ cups of rice cereal
- Line a 9"x 13" casserole dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter at medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the mini marshmallows (reserve 1 cup of mini marshmallows to add in later).
- Add the rice cereal, dalgona chunks, and remaining mini marshmallows to the pot and mix to combine. Transfer the rice krispie mix to the prepared casserole dish and press down to evenly flatten. Allow it to set at room temperature for about 20 minutes before cutting into bars. Enjoy!