This is an easy way to clean out your fridge and use up leftover chicken (or protein of choice) because you can essentially use any kind of vegetables to put this bowl together! I love to throw in any greens, some carrots, green onions, and sprouts (if I have some) over some rice. Give it a generous drizzle of gochujang aioli and there you have it— a super easy weeknight dinner that tastes delicious!
Don’t have any leftover meat in your fridge? That’s okay! You can use this spicy chicken bulgogi marinade for shredded rotisserie chicken, crispy tofu, or even roasted veggies (my favorite is crispy chickpeas).
This is one of my favorite ways to use up leftovers and make a simple but delicious weeknight dinner.
Other Korean recipes you may like:
- Sodduk Sodduk (Korean Rice Cake & Sausage Skewers) with Gochujang Aioli
- Korean Pickled Radish (Chicken-Mu 치킨무)
- Korean Spicy Chicken
- 10 Minute Kimchi-Jjigae (Korean Kimchi Stew)
- Crispy Korean Potato Pancakes (Gamja-jeon)
Easy Bulgogi Chicken Bowl
- 1 cup Rotisserie chicken shredded
- ¼ cup Cucumbers sliced
- 1 Carrot shaved
- ¼ cup Arugula
- ⅛ cup Jalapeno sliced
- 1 cup White rice cooked
Spicy Gochujang Marinade
- 2½ tablespoon Gochujang paste
- 1½ tablespoon Gochugaru
- 1½ tablespoon Soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoon Rice cooking wine
- ½ tablespoon Garlic minced
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang paste
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Kewpie mayo or mayo of choice
To make the Spicy Gochujang Marinade
- In a small bowl, combine the gochujang, gochugaru, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, rice cooking wine, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix everything together.
- Drizzle desired amount of this sauce over the shredded rotisserie chicken (or meat of choice).
To make the Gochujang Aioli
- In a small bowl, combine the gochujang, seasoned rice vinegar, and kewpie mayo. Stir to mix everything together.
To assemble the Chicken Bulgogi Bowl
- In a shallow bowl, evenly spread your cooked rice. Add your sliced cucumbers, sliced jalapeno peppers, chicken, shaved carrot, and arugula in desired order. Drizzle a generous amount of gochujang aioli and enjoy!