This spicy tuna rice bowl is made by layering warm white rice, canned spicy tuna, nutty sesame oil, kewpie mayo, and a fried egg. It comes together in 5 minutes if you already have cooked rice on hand — the easiest, budget-friendly meal that only takes 5 ingredients!
I’ve always loved eating tuna rice bowls because they are so quick and easy to make, plus I almost always had the ingredients at home. It’s my go-to meal when I’m in a rush or if I can’t be bothered to cook something.
The best part about these tuna rice bowls is that you can customize the toppings to whatever you have in your fridge. You can add cucumbers, spinach, arugula, bell peppers, and cilantro, the options are endless!
What you’ll need to make this Easy Spicy Tuna Rice Bowl:
- Canned Spicy Tuna: this is the star ingredient, I used a Korean canned tuna in a pepper sauce. This specific one can be found at H Mart or other Korean grocery stores, but regular canned tuna can work too.
- White Rice: this is the base of our rice bowl, but feel free to use brown rice, farro, or even quinoa.
- Sesame Oil: a drizzle of sesame oil adds a delicious nuttiness to the rice bowl.
- Kewpie Mayo: for a bit of creaminess once you mix it all together. It also makes the rice bowl taste like a deconstructed spicy tuna roll.
- Seaweed/Laver (optional): for some crunch and umami — seaweed is so delicious with rice!
How to make this easy Spicy Tuna Rice Bowl:
You’ll be surprised how quick and easy it is to make this spicy tuna rice bowl. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- Fry your egg. In a small pan, fry your egg to your liking. I like mine sunny side up 🙂
- Assemble your toppings. In a bowl, add your warm cooked rice, canned spicy tuna, and fried egg.
- Drizzle & enjoy. Add a drizzle of Japanese or kewpie mayo and sesame oil. Enjoy with some seaweed/nori (optional)!
Watch how to make this Easy Spicy Tuna Rice Bowl
More favorite quick & easy recipes!
- Easy Bulgogi Chicken Bowl
- Easy Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Spicy Garlic Udon
- Kani Egg Toast
- Spam Musubi Onigiri
- Spicy Chili Oil Noodles
- Kani Salad
- Pizza Toast
- One-Pan Shrimp Fried Rice
I hope your enjoy one of my go-to meals! Please leave me a star rating and comment to let me know your thoughts! Happy cooking, xoxo!!
- 1 can (5.3 oz) Korean Tuna with Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 egg, fried
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Japanese or Kewpie mayo
- 1 package seaweed/laver
- In a bowl, add your warm cooked rice as a base.
- Add your canned spicy tuna and fried rice on top of the rice.
- Drizzle sesame oil and Kewpie mayo over the canned tuna.
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy with crunchy seaweed/nori!
Did you try this recipe?
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Rate this recipe with a comment below and tag @yejiskitchenstories or #yejiskitchenstories on the 'gram!