So I started a small business, Yejis Bread & Dessert Shoppe, a few months ago and started to sell my baked goods. It has been quite a journey with a lot of learning happening. I started off with selling curated bakery boxes with a new menu consisting of 3 different baked good every week. Yes. EVERY. WEEK. It was super fun being able to experiment with different ideas I’ve had for a while now and incorporating it into products I could sell.
I started off taking orders just through my instagram and now I have evolved to online ordering. AMAZING. I am so grateful for all the support from my local community! This just inspires me want to work even harder at creating new recipes to share!
Now, speaking of sharing, check out the caramelization on this banana bread. YUM.
I say healthyish banana bread because I used maple syrup instead of sugar. I also used greek yogurt for this recipe, which makes the bread super moist and tender. That makes it a little healthier, right?
Every slice is the perfect slice with this bread, so tender and moist : ) Hope you enjoy!
Healthyish Banana Bread
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup greek yogurt plain
- ⅓ cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp yogurt chips
- 1 tbsp granola
- ½ tbsp walnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Grease and line with parchment, a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, using a fork or whisk, mash 3 peeled bananas until smooth and just slightly lumpy. To the mashed banana mixture, add your eggs, maple syrup, greek yogurt and butter. Mix to combine.
- To your wet ingredient mixture, add the dry ingredients— your baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Mix until everything is combined. Don’t worry if you still have some banana lumps, that makes the bread extra tasty when you get some chunks of banana in every slice.
- Transfer the banana bread batter to your prepared loaf pan. Slice the remaining peeled banana in half and lay on top of the batter. Optional: Sprinkle some yogurt chips, granola and chopped walnuts for added sweetness and crunchiness in every slice!
- Transfer loaf pan to a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes, or until done when toothpick comes out clean when tested.