My parents used to run a food truck about 10 years ago and this was one of our best sellers. It’s so simple but packed with flavor. It’s cheesy, slightly spicy and so flavorful from the kimchi. Literally one of my favorite meals!
We typically used flour tortillas for this recipe, as it was just easier to find. Feel free to use corn tortillas instead of flour. Although this quesadilla only has kimchi and cheese, you can add other toppings to customize it!
Other optional add-ins or toppings:
- Green onion
- Pickled red onion slices
- Pickled jalapenos
Other delicious recipes you may like:
- Easy Bulgogi Chicken Bowl
- Cheese Donkatsu (Fried Pork Cutlet)
- Pizza Toast
- Easy Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Spicy Kimchi Vodka Sauce Pasta
Kimchi Cheese Quesadilla
- ¼ cup Kimchi chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 Flour tortillas (10-inch size)
- Heat a large skillet (I love using my cast iron skillet) on medium high heat. Take one flour tortilla and place it in the heated pan. Add the chopped kimchi, shredded cheese and any other optional ingredients. Place another tortilla on top.
- Lower your heat to low to allow the cheese to melt. Make sure to keep an eye on the bottom tortilla to prevent it from burning. Once the cheese is slightly melted, using a spatula, carefully flip it over. Toast the other side for another 1-2 minutes. Once done, transfer to a plate and enjoy!