Korean curry rice is a simple yet tasty one-pot meal! It’s so flavorful and can be made with chicken, pork, or beef and your choice of veggies!
What is Korean Curry?
Korean curry is a fusion of Indian and Japanese curries. It’s made from an instant roux, usually in blocks or powder form. It is a little spicier than Japanese curries and usually has bite-size chunks of carrots, potatoes, and protein of choice.
Korean curry is a childhood meal for me —it’s warm, slightly spicy, very comforting, and usually served over white rice. This is such an easy but delicious one-pot recipe that I find making this on repeat at least 3x a month. Now I see why my mom made it so often!
What you’ll need to make Korean Curry Rice:
- Onion: add a subtle sweetness to the curry.
- Carrots: a staple vegetable along with potatoes for Korean curries.
- Butter: is used when cooking vegetables. Plus a little butter always makes any dish taste better 🙂
- Vegetable/Beef Stock: if you don’t have any stock on hand, you can use water too. However, I find that the flavors are deeper when you use a stock.
- White Rice: to serve the curry over.
- Optional Proteins: Beef, Chicken, Pork, or Tofu
How to make Korean Curry Rice:
This is the easiest and tastiest one-pot meal ever! You’ll find yourself making this on repeat because it’s so simple and good!
- Make your white rice. Cook white rice or your choice of rice.
- Saute the vegetables in butter on medium heat.
- Add the stock and instant curry roux cubes.
- Simmer on low heat until it thickens. Serve the curry over fresh rice and enjoy!
Watch how to make Korean Curry Rice
More Favorite One-Pot Meal Ideas
- Mille-Feuille Nabe (Japanese Hot Pot)
- Gochujang Stew
- Spicy Garlic Udon
- Hawaiian Mac Salad
- Corn Rice
- Spicy Chili Oil Noodles
- 10 Minute Kimchi-Jjigae (Korean Kimchi Stew)
I hope you enjoy this Korean Curry Rice! Please leave me a star rating and comment to let me know your thoughts! Happy cooking, xoxo!!
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups yukon potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 2 cups vegetable/beef stock
- ½ a box of Korean curry mix, S&B Golden Curry and Ottogi are my favorite brands
- Prepare your vegetables by dicing them into large pieces (1-inch pieces). Avoid dicing them too small, as they can break apart during the cooking process.
- In a pot, heat your butter and saute the diced onion, carrot, and potato until fragrant and the onion is translucent. *If adding a protein, it can be added in this step.
- Add the vegetable/beef stock and curry mix to the pot and stir thoroughly to break up the curry roux.
- Simmer the curry on low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are fully cooked and the curry has thickened to a stew-like texture.
- Serve the curry over white rice and enjoy!