These cookies are chewy, sweet, and have a certain depth to them because of miso in them! This recipe uses white chocolate chips, but they taste delicious with dark chocolate chips too. I like to make a batch of these and keep them in my freezer, so I can conveniently pull them out every time I crave something sweet 🙂
What you’ll need:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- white miso paste (can be found at most asian grocery stores in the refrigerated section)
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- vanilla extract
- white chocolate chips
How to make Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Using a stand mixer or food processor, beat the butter, miso and both sugars until the it looks pale brown in color and fluffy in texture. If using a stand mixer, make sure to use the paddle attachment.
- Add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture and beat on low speed.
- Add the flour and mix just until combined, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- scraping down the sides of the bowl ensures that the all the flour is evenly incorporated and prevents any pockets of raw flour.
- Using a 2-ounce cookie scoop, evenly scoop the cookie dough. Place the cookie scoops on a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure to leave 2 inch space in between.
- This recipe makes about 28 medium sized cookies.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely before enjoying 🙂
Miso White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand Mixer OR Food Processor
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup white miso paste can be found at most asian grocery stores
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter, miso, and both sugars until the mixture appears pale brown in color. Then crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla. Beat until the eggs are completely incorporated.
- Then crack in the eggs and pour in the vanilla. Beat until the eggs are completely incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Beat on medium speed just until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Pour in the white chocolate chips and mix once more for a few seconds.
- Using a 2-ounce cookie scoop, evenly scoop out the cookie dough. (I got 28 cookies with this recipe)
- Place the cookie scoops on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie scoop. Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely before enjoying!