A fall-inspired salad made with fresh persimmons, creamy burrata cheese, prosciutto, and a spicy chili-crisp dressing. It’s the perfect salad to make during persimmon season!
What are persimmons?
Persimmons are a type of Asian fruit and have a delicate cantaloupe-like taste. They can be found in most Asian grocery stores and are enjoyed fresh or dried. The most common varieties of persimmons are Fuyu and Hachiya, both very delicious and flavorful!
What you’ll need to make Persimmon Prosciutto Burrata Salad:
- Persimmon slices: I used fresh Fuyu persimmons for this, they have more body to them and worked great for this salad.
- Burrata cheese: gives that creamy, yummy goodness when paired with all the ingredients. A good alternative would be fresh mozzarella cheese!
- Prosciutto: the super savory and salty flavors pair well with the sweet, crispy persimmons and creamy burrata.
- Lemon juice: for the dressing and adds some brightness to the sauce.
- Fresh basil leaves: this is optional, you can alternatively use arugula or spinach.
- Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp (or any other chili crisp): adds some heat to the salad dressing. If you can’t do heat, feel free to use all olive oil or avocado oil instead 🙂
- Olive oil: for the dressing.
- Honey: for some sweetness to the salad dressing.
- Salt + Pepper: to season the persimmons to your taste.
How to make Persimmon Prosciutto Burrata Salad:
This salad is very easy to make, yet so flavorful and delicious to serve to your dinner guests as an appetizer or side dish!
- Make the salad dressing by adding lemon juice, chili crisp, olive oil, and honey into a mason jar and shaking to combine.
- Slice up your persimmons and layer them onto a serving plate. Season with some flakey salt and black pepper.
- Tear the prosciutto and burrata cheese into bite-size pieces and layer them on top of the persimmon.
- Drizzle the dressing all over the salad and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Enjoy with toasted bread or as a side dish!
- 3 persimmons, sliced
- 1- 4oz burrata cheese ball
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons FBJ Sichuan Chili Crisp
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
For the dressing:
- In a small mason jar, combine the lemon juice, FBJ chili crisp, olive oil, and honey. Secure the lid on the mason jar and shake to create a homogeneous dressing. Set this aside to drizzle on later.
To assemble the salad:
- Slice persimmons into ¼ -inch slices and place them on a serving dish.
- Cut or tear the burrata cheese into bite-sized pieces and place them on the persimmon slices.
- Tear the prosciutto slices into bite-sized pieces and place them on the burrata cheese.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves over the ingredients. Season the ingredients with flaky salt and pepper.
- Generously drizzle the spicy chili crisp dressing over the salad.
- Enjoy immediately or serve with toasted bread!