I don’t know about you, but I love pizza any time of day. This pizza toast recipe is a perfect way to enjoy all the yummy flavors of pepperoni pizza (or without pepps for my cheese pizza lovers) for breakfast or as a snack. I recently learned from @bon_abbetit that if you use pepperoni in its natural casing — you can get those little perfect pepperoni cups! I drizzled a little bit of gochujang hot honey to get that perfect sweet & salty combo!
What you’ll need:
- Slice of bread
- Tomato sauce
- Traditional pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Gochujang hot honey (made by combining 1 tbsp gochujang and 4 tbsp honey)
How to make pizza toast:
Toast your bread slice to start with a crispy foundation. Spread some tomato sauce onto your toast, add your mozzarella cheese, and layer on your traditional pepperoni slices. Stick your toast in an air fryer or oven and toast at 350ºF for about 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and your pepperoni has curled up into little cups. Drizzle some gochujang hot honey and enjoy!
I love this for when I am craving a single slice of pizza or as a quick snack!
Other easy recipes you may like:
- 1 slice Bread of choice (or more)
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Traditional pepperoni sliced
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
Gochujang Hot Honey
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (or more if you want it spicier)
- 4 tbsp Honey
- In a skillet or toaster oven, toast your bread slices.
- Evenly spread your tomato sauce onto the toast, add your shredded mozzarella, and layer on your pepperoni slices.
- Stick your toast in an air fryer or oven and bake at 350ºF for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni slices curl up into little cups.
- Drizzle some gochujang hot honey and enjoy!