I made the viral feta pasta, but with Japanese kabocha squash and spinach!
This pasta recipe is super creamy, with perfect hints of saltiness from the feta, sweetness from the Japanese kabocha squash, it’s the perfect combo of flavors! This recipe was even husband-approved AND my husband hates squash, so this is THAT delicious!
What you’ll need:
- Japanese kabocha squash
- feta cheese
- rigatoni pasta
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- red pepper flakes
How to make roasted feta + kabocha squash rigatoni:
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- To an oven-safe dish, add about 1 lb of cubed kabocha squash, a whole block of feta cheese, 4-6 cloves of garlic. Give the ingredients a good drizzle of olive oil and season with salt + pepper. Sprinkle your desired amount of red pepper flakes as well! Bake it for 35 minutes.
- Feel free to add more OR less of any ingredient depending on your taste! I love garlic, so I decided to add 6 cloves.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the rigatoni pasta to al dente. Once the pasta is done, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Once the feta and squash are done baking, add the pasta and spinach directly to the baking dish. Stir to combine everything together. Season with some more salt and pepper, if needed. Plate the pasta up and enjoy 🙂
Roasted Feta and Kabocha Squash Rigatoni
This pasta recipe is super creamy, with perfect hints of saltiness from the feta and sweetness from the Japanese kabocha squash, it's the perfect combo of flavors!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 block feta cheese
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 lb kabocha squash cubed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups spinach packed
- ½ lb rigatoni pasta
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In an oven-safe baking dish, add the squash, garlic cloves, and feta cheese in the middle. Give the ingredients a drizzle of olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bake for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the rigatoni pasta to al dente (cooking times may differ, refer to the directions on the back of the pasta box). Drain the cooked pasta and set it aside.
- Once the feta and squash are done, add the cooked pasta and spinach directly to the baking dish. Using a wooden spoon, stir to mix all the ingredients together. Feel free to season with more salt and pepper if you'd like! Enjoy immediately!