Okay, so this is probably the easiest recipe I’ve ever shared! This avocado toast requires absolutely no cooking. I mean, you do have to toast the bread slices, but that doesn’t count as cooking, right?
Avocado toasts is one of my favorite things to eat not just for breakfast, but for any time of day really. I usually go for a good holey, chewy textured, crackly crust type of bread (that’s the best kind, like a sourdough). This time I used a whole grain, seeded crust bread. You’ll want to drizzle a little olive oil onto the bread slices and toast them before you start piling your toppings, toasting the bread prevents that soggy bread that nobody really likes.
For toppings, take a ripe avocado and scoop out the flesh. I try to make minimal dishes (I’m lazy in the morning) and I’ll just use a fork or spoon to mash the flesh of the avocado straight onto the bread slices. Next, add your lox/smoked salmon and other optional toppings such as baby alfalfa sprouts, shaved cucumber, radish slices, lemon wedges, and everything but the bagel seasoning (never forget this).
Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 baby red radish sliced
- 1 baby cucumber shaved or sliced
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- ¼ lemon wedged
- 1 oz alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil for toasting
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Using a medium sized pan, drizzle olive oil onto the bread slices and toast on medium-low heat.
- In a clean bowl, scoop out the flesh of a ripe avocado and mash using a fork.
- Divide and spread the avocado mixture onto the bread slices. Add the radish, cucumber, smoked salmon, lemon wedges, alfalfa sprouts and sprinkle with everything but the bagel seasoning.