This kimchi vodka sauce recipe is my twist on the traditional Italian-style vodka sauce. It’s rich, creamy with a spicy kick from the sauteed kimchi, and perfect served over your choice of pasta noodles. It’s easy to make and packed with flavor!
What you’ll need to make Spicy Kimchi Vodka Sauce:
- Tomato Paste
- Kimchi: this can be found at most grocery stores in the refrigerated section. I prefer aged kimchi for this recipe, but any ripeness of kimchi works well for this recipe.
- Heavy Cream: this makes the sauce rich and creamy, but if you’d prefer a lighter sauce– you can substitute cream with some pasta water to bind the sauce together.
- Pasta of choice: I used liguine for this recipe, but any kind of pasta noodle can work.
- Pinch of salt: the kimchi I used was seasoned enough for my taste, so I chose not to add extra salt.
- Red pepper flakes (optional): If you want the sauce to be spicier, feel free to add some red pepper flakes!
How to make Spicy Kimchi Vodka Sauce:
Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil to cook your choice of pasta. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
While the pasta is cooking, let’s make our vodka sauce.
Melt your butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add your tomato paste, garlic, and kimchi and cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to stir around the ingredients to prevent any burning.
Add your vodka and heavy cream (or pasta water if you’re not using heavy cream) and continue to cook for another minute or so, stirring to combine the ingredients and bring the sauce together.
Once your noodles are cooked, add them to the sauce and stir to combine.
This pasta is rich, creamy, and so flavorful from the kimchi. It seriously would be so delicious over any kind of pasta.
Other noodle recipes you may like:
Spicy Kimchi Vodka Sauce
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup kimchi chopped
- 2 tbsp plain vodka
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz linguine pasta or pasta of choice
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and cook linguine (or your choice of pasta) according to the package directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and chopped kimchi. Cook until garlic and kimchi is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Mak sure to stir to prevent it from burning.
- Add your vodka and heavy cream (or pasta water if you're not using heavy cream) and continue to cook for another minute or so, stirring to combine the ingredients and bring the sauce together.
- Once your noodles are cooked, add them to the sauce and stir to combine. Enjoy!