While everyone is busy making perfecting sourdough bread, I’m just here making this decadent strawberry yogurt bread. I tried making sourdough, but I think something is wrong with my starter. Oh well, I’m content with this strawberry bread and a glass of milk!
This recipe uses Greek yogurt, which gives this bread such a moist and tender texture. It’s so delicious, you might eat all of it in one sitting. If you happen to have any leftovers, just store in a freezer safe bag and chuck it in the freezer. The shelf life of this bread is about 3-4 days at room temp, but 2-3 months in the freezer.
Strawberry Yogurt Bread
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup greek yogurt plain
- 1½ cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan by greasing it and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, using a whisk or in a stand mixer, combine melted butter, sugar, eggs and lemon juice.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour this mixture into the wet ingredient mixture. Add in the Greek yogurt and gently stir until evenly mixed.
- Dice half the amount of strawberries to fold into the batter with the lemon zest. Cut the remaining strawberries in halves and set aside. (The strawberry halves will be placed on top).
- Pour into your greased loaf pan and place the strawberry halves in a single layer on top. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.