These cookies are Levain Bakery style cookies, super thick and crumbly. They are loaded with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and walnut chunks. One batch makes about 15 cookies, but if you wanted even thicker cookies, you could double the size and get away with 7-8 cookies. These cookies are to die for!
What you need for these thicc cookies
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- all purpose flour
- dark and white chocolate chips
How to make Thicc Cookies
- Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar at medium speed until it is light and fluffy. This step will take about 5-7 minutes.
- To the mixing bowl, add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients- salt, baking soda, baking powder, all purpose flour. Mix to combine all the dry ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, mix to combine at a low speed.
- Scoop cookie dough balls to weigh about 80 grams each. Transfer cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 1-inch space in between each cookie dough scoop. If you prefer thicker cookies, you can double the size of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 350ºF for about 15-18 minutes. Cookies are done when the edges begin to get golden brown.
- Alternatively, you can store pre-scooped cookie dough in a freezer-safe container/bag and freeze to bake them on another day. Note that it will be a longer bake time if you bake frozen cookie dough.
Thick, crumbly chocolate chip cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and walnut chunks. These are Levain Bakery style cookies, super thick and delicious! Perfect chocoalte chip cookie recipe to bake today or make ahead!
Servings: 15 cookies
- Kitchen Scale
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups white chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1½ cup walnut chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the unsalted butter and light brown sugar. Using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix to combine at a low speed.
- Scoop the cookie dough, weighing 80 grams each. Transfer cookie dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.