I tried making the TikTok yogurt toast recipe! It’s the latest viral breakfast trend and I’ve been seeing this everywhere, so I had to try it for myself.
It’s essentially a quick way to make a healthy custard with a mixture of egg and greek yogurt on toast, topped with any topping of your choice.
If you like something sweet for breakfast, this is the perfect recipe for you!
What you’ll need to make Custard Yogurt Toast:
- Sliced bread: any kind of bread works for this! You can use sandwich bread, whole wheat, brioche, milk bread, french, etc. I used whole wheat for my toast, but I imagine that softer the bread, the better!
- Greek yogurt: Do use full fat or non fat greek yogurt, Don’t use regular yogurt because the consistency is too thin and runny.
- Egg: is mixed with the greek yogurt to create the custard.
- Sweetener: You can use honey, maple syrup, sugar, agave, stevia, etc. I used honey for my recipe.
- Vanilla Extract: just a splash is all you need
- Toppings: I topped my toast with cara orange slices, few dollops of passionfruit puree, crushed pistacios and dried rose petals.
Other topping ideas:
- Berries (fresh or frozen)
- Purees (passionfruit, mango, raspberry, just to name a few ☺)
- Nuts (walnuts, peanuts, pistachio, pecan, pine nuts)
- Edible flowers (if you’re feeling fancy~)
- Fresh mint or basil (strawberries and basil are a match made in heaven)
- Cookie crumbles (biscoff or short bread cookie crumbles paired with fruit sounds superb)
- Fresh whipped cream
How to make Custard Yogurt Toast:
In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt, egg, and honey. Use a fork or whisk to stir, making sure there are no egg clumps. The consistency should be smooth like a custard.
Use a back of a spoon or your fingertips to press down the center of the toast and create a well. This will help keep the custard in place when you spoon it on.
Spoon a few scoops of the custard onto the toast. Top the toast with orange slices, berries, nuts, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
You can bake this in an air fryer or in the oven.
To make in an air fryer:
Bake the custard yogurt toast at 400ºF for 3-4 minutes or until the custard is set. To check if it’s done, gently jiggle the toast. If the custard is still runny or jiggles in the center, bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
to make in the oven:
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Transfer the toast to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the custard is set. The center of the custard toast should not be jiggly.
Disclaimer: All ovens or air fryers are not the same, so make sure to adjust the baking time or temperature if necessary.
Other breakfast recipes you may like:
- Banana Foster Oatmeal
- Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
- Cinnamon Dalgona Coffee Brûlée
- Healthyish Banana Bread
- Strawberry Yogurt Bread
TikTok Custard Yogurt Toast
- 2 bread slices
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp passionfruit puree
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 tbsp pistachio nuts chopped
- 1 tsp dried rose petals optional
- In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt, egg, honey, and vanilla extract. Use a fork or whisk to stir, making sure there are no egg clumps. The consistency should be smooth like a custard.
- Use a back of a spoon or your fingertips to press down the center of the toast to create a well. This will help keep the custard in place when you spoon it on.
- Spoon a few scoops of the custard onto the toast. Top the toast with orange slices, passionfruit puree, chopped pistaschio nuts, or any toppings of your choice.
To bake in an air fryer:
- Carefully transfer the toast to your air fryer. Bake at 400ºF for 3-4 minutes or until the custard is set. The center of the custard yogurt toast should not jiggle when it's done.
To bake in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Transfer your toast to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the custard is set. To check if it's done, gently shake the baking sheet. The custard should not jiggle in the center of the custard toast.